Pakistanis for Palestine condemns Israel’s attack on the International Freedom Flotilla
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pakistanis for Palestine condemns the naked aggression of the Israeli Defence Forces against the international “Freedom Flotilla”, the convoy of ships attempting to carry humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip that has been unilaterally blockaded by Israel since June 2007. The ships were in international waters, about 150 km off the coast of Gaza, where Israel has no jurisdiction.
Current death toll: 20, Injured: more than 60
1. That the United Nations include the Israeli Defence Forces in its list of terrorist organisations and put Israel on the list of states that officially sponsor terrorism;
2. That “the international community” end its hypocritical attitude towards Israel and authorise international news media to report objectively on acts of Israeli aggression; and
3. That Pakistan should use its status as the most important non-NATO ally of the US to pressure it to punish Israel for this gross violation of international humanitarian law
It is time for people of conscience all over the world to demand the end of the apartheid regime in Israel, the last colonial state in this post-colonial world, and to join the worldwide movement for the Boycott of, Sanctions on and Divestment from all organizations and entities that support the racist ideology of Zionism.
For more information on the BDS campaign, see: http://bdsmovement.net/
We subscribe to the three principles laid out in the Palestinian call for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel that calls on Israel to:
1. End its occupation and colonization of all Arab lands and dismantling the Wall;
2. Recognize the fundamental rights of the Arab-Palestinian citizens of Israel to full equality; and
3. Respect, protect and promote the rights of Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and properties as stipulated in UN resolution 194.
For more information, see: http://www.pacbi.org/campaign_statement.htm
We call on all Pakistanis who support the principles listed above to join the campaign.
Please contact us at:
Cell phones: 0344-4648479 & 0323-4160352
Email address: PakistanisForPalestine[at]gmail.com